Social Media Policy
We believe in taking all steps appropriate to keep our youth safe when participating in our parish life, especially when social media is involved.
It can be easily summarized as:
Email is typically of a group nature with both youth and adult leaders all included on the same distribution list. When replies with inquiries come to one adult, we always copy another adult (often including a parent/guardian) on the response.
- Personal email still copies a parent/guardian
- Facebook groups are made up of adults and youth
- Media releases must be signed by parent/guardians before any photos can be shared via social media. We only allow individuals to tag themselves.
- Social Media, no matter the privacy controls in place, are always considered public space
- We limit chatting with smart phones to logistical coordination only