Safe Church is the Episcopal Church’s model policy for protecting vulnerable parishioners, including our youngest members. All parishioners are encouraged to take Safe Church training, even if you’re not involved in a ministry that strictly requires it. However, certain roles within the church require you to maintain your Safe Church training, including working with youth, anyone who holds a key to the church, vestry members, and other roles. Training must be completed once every 3 years in order to be in compliance.
INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE ONLINE SAFE CHURCH TRAINING:
- Go to: https://episcopalcolorado.org/congregational-resources/safe-church/ to begin.
- On Safe Church website, click the link at the top that says “Register Now for Online Safe Church Training”.
- You will be prompted to fill in your information on the next several pages. Here is the information to use where the form asks for “Name and email address of Safe Church Supervisor at Your Church”.
Name: Scott Coulter
- Once you complete these steps, you will have to wait for an email from the Diocese Office. You should receive it within 24 hours, and it will contain the links to complete the videos for your required training.
- If you have questions during the training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have completed the training, it is VERY important that you email me your certificates of completion so that we have records.
LIST OF REQUIRED COURSES BY ROLE:
Universal Training (recommended for all parishioners, required for anyone holding a key to the church):
Safe Church, Safe Communities – Universal Training: Introduction and Theological Background
Safe Church, Safe Communities – Universal Training: Inclusion
Safe Church, Safe Communities – Universal Training: Healthy Boundaries
Safe Church, Safe Communities – Universal Training: Organizational Rules and Policies
Additional courses required for ministry volunteers who will be (or maybe) working with children:
Safe Church, Safe Communities – Specialty Training: Abuse and Neglect
Safe Church, Safe Communities – Specialty Training: Bullying
Policies: The Episcopal Church Model Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth